Five things to know ahead of Tech Football’s game against Duke
Get ready for the game as the Hokies host the Blue Devils on Saturday afternoon
The Virginia Tech football team will play its final home game of the 2021 season this Saturday, Nov. 13, as Duke travels to Lane Stadium for a matchup with the ACC. Kickoff is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET.
Tickets for Saturday’s game are still available starting at $65. Click here to find tickets.
Here are five things to know ahead of Saturday’s game between the Hokies and Blue Devils:
1. Download mobile tickets BEFORE arriving at Lane Stadium. Guarantee the smoothest entry to Lane Stadium by downloading mobile tickets in advance. Having the HokieSports app on a mobile device and being able to view tickets is not the same as having downloaded tickets to Apple Wallet or Google Pay. The HokieSports app requires the internet to access a ticketing account, but once tickets have been downloaded from the app to Apple Wallet or Google Pay, they reside on that device. No internet connection is required to access mobile tickets once they are downloaded to Apple Wallet or Google Pay.
For fans needing last-minute assistance downloading their mobile tickets, free Wi-Fi will be available at Hokie Village and at all gates (except Gate 8). Fans should look for a network called HokiesTicketsFREE to access their ticket account on their mobile device.
Visit HokieSports.com/MobileTickets for more details, including step-by-step instructions and FAQs.
2. Fans are encouraged to bring a canned food for donation. The Marching Virginians and the New Life Christian Fellowship are joining forces again this year to sponsor the 25th annual “Hokies for the Hungry” – a massive canned food drive held in conjunction with Saturday’s game. Drop-off points for ‘Hokies for the Hungry’ will be at all Lane Stadium gates as well as at various locations near the stadium where cheer bands will perform before kick-off.
Monetary donations are also available through Venmo (@TheMarchingVirginians) and PayPal (firstname.lastname@example.org). All contributions will be distributed by the Montgomery County Christmas Store.
3. Hokie Village opens at noon and will have lots of fun activities. Located on Beamer Way opposite Lane Stadium, Hokie Village will open at noon this Saturday. There will be inflatables and garden games set up, while Southland Dairy’s cow and Army ROTC’s humvee will be in attendance. The Virginia Tech lacrosse team will be signing autographs beginning at 1:30 p.m., and plenty of food trucks and drink options will be available before Hokie Village closes at 2:45 p.m.
4. Senior class of Tech will be recognized prior to kick off. Fans are encouraged to be seated early to help honor Hokie football’s senior class of student-athletes and support staff.
5. The 2021 Virginia Tech Sports Hall of Fame class will be honored at halftime. After the Highty Tighties halftime show, the final Hokies Hall of Fame inductees will be recognized. The seven-member class includes four All-Americans, including two Olympians and a Super Bowl champion.
Click here for more information on the 2021 Hall of Fame class.