Five things to know before Tech Football’s game against Richmond
Get ready for the game as the Hokies host the Spiders on Saturday afternoon
Tickets for Saturday’s game are still available starting at $ 45. Click here to find tickets.
Here are five things to know ahead of Saturday’s game between the Hokies and the Spiders:
1. Richmond makes his first visit to Lane Stadium since 1985. Virginia Tech has faced the enemy of Richmond State on numerous occasions throughout its history – 51 meetings, in fact. The two teams met almost every year from 1933 to 1986, and the previous 51 meetings mark Tech’s fifth-highest total against a single opponent. The Hokies have a 37-10-4 all-time series lead, including a 22-3-1 record at Blacksburg.
Current Tech Wide Receiver Kaleb smith his father, James, was exceptional safety for the Spiders from 1987-91 and would go on to be drafted by the Houston Oilers, while his mother, Kimberly, also played basketball in Richmond. Along with his parents, Smith’s cousin Kerry Wynn played the defensive end in Richmond and won All-CAA honors in his senior year in 2013. Click here to read an article on Kaleb smith Exceptional wide-receptor walk-on growth.
2. Download mobile tickets BEFORE arriving at Lane Stadium. Ensure the smoothest entry into Lane Stadium by downloading mobile tickets in advance. Having the HokieSports app on a mobile device and being able to view tickets is not the same as having downloaded tickets to Apple Wallet or Google Pay. The HokieSports app requires internet to access a ticket account, but once tickets have been uploaded from the app to Apple Wallet or Google Pay, they live on that device. No internet connection is required to access mobile tickets once they are uploaded to Apple Wallet or Google Pay.
For fans needing last minute assistance downloading their mobile tickets, free Wi-Fi will be available in Hokie Village and at all gates (except Gate 8). Fans should search for a network called HokiesTicketsFREE to access their tickets account on their mobile device.
Visit HokieSports.com/MobileTickets for full details, including step-by-step instructions and an FAQ.
3. It’s Hokie Kids Club Day! Current members of the Hokie Kids’ Club on the Brown Plane are invited to an Ice Cream Sandwich Party hosted by Southland Dairy Farmers (while supplies last). The festivities will take place from 9 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. at Hokie Village, located at the Moseley training ground across from Lane Stadium.
Want to know more about joining the Hokie Kids’ Club? Click here for all the details to become a member.
4. Tech’s men’s track and field team will be recognized. Last February, the Virginia Tech men’s indoor track team were crowned CCA champions after winning five events, winning four silver and three bronze medals and dominating the competition in the Championships meet. in league hall in Clemson, SC. This Saturday, this Hokies team be recognized on Worsham Field during the first quarter.
5. Recognition of the AD Hokies Honor Roll is set at half-time. Following the Marching Virginians halftime show, this year’s Tech student-athletes who earned a spot on the AD Honor Roll will be recognized at the south goal line. To qualify for the AD Honor Roll, a student-athlete must achieve a GPA 3.0 or higher in the previous semester.