I would never do that – Vernydub about the Ukrainian football player who moves to Russia
Youri Vernydub/FC Shakhtar
Moldovan Sheriff’s head coach Yuriy Vernidub has explained which Ukrainian players he wants to see at his club.
I wanted to invite Ivansenya to the team
Vernydub noted that he wanted to see Philip Budkovsky on his team. However, it was not possible to reach an agreement with him.
I wanted Totovitsky. I know him for my work at Zara. In my opinion, this is one of the best in the top ten. He has no problem with the ball, his technique is at a high level, he has speed,
– said the sheriff’s mentor.
Vernidub also noted that he wants to invite Dmitry Ivanisenya to the Moldovan club, which now plays in Russia.
“I also really wanted Dmitry Ivanisenya. I called him myself, told him: “Dima, I know that you are now without a club”. He said he was waiting, an offer had arrived, he was about to leave, but I wouldn’t like that choice. Why? Because in Russia. I say: “Dima, it’s your choice, what can I tell you? You choose. I said never means never, and that’s your right,” Vernidub said.
Dmytro Ivanisenya: what is known
- Ivanisenya graduated from Donetsk Shakhtar, but he could not gain a foothold in the Pitmen team. Dmytro has been loaned out to Mariupol several times.
- In the 2018/19 season, Ivanisenia decided to go abroad and signed a contract with Dynamo Tbilisi.
- Two Ivanisenia played for Zorya Luhansk during the season.
- Ivanisenia has one game for the Ukrainian national team under her belt. In the fall of 2019, he made his debut for the Yellow-Blues against Estonia.
- In July 2021, Dmitry Ivanisenya became a player of Russian Krylia Sovetov.