Premier League soccer player faces two more rape allegations

A Premier League footballer who was arrested on suspicion of rape is facing two more allegations relating to attacks on another woman, sources have told ESPN.

The player, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was questioned by London’s Metropolitan Police earlier this week and has been released on bail until an unspecified date in August.

It was previously reported that the individual – a well-known international – was arrested in the early hours of Monday for an alleged rape that allegedly took place in June.

Allegations about two different incidents from last year then surfaced, and Scotland Yard said in a statement: “On July 4, an allegation of the rape of a woman in her twenties was reported to the police. He was The alleged rape was reported to have occurred in June 2022. On July 4, a 29-year-old man suspected of rape was arrested at a Barnet address and taken into custody.

“While in police custody, he was further arrested on suspicion of two incidents of rape allegedly committed in April and June 2021 against another woman in her twenties. He was later released on bail until on a date in August.

“Investigations into the circumstances are ongoing.”

The player’s club declined to comment. Whether the player will be involved in his side’s pre-season fixtures remains to be seen.

The Premier League season starts on August 5.

Comments are closed.