UTSA/Southern Miss Football Fan Information
Saturday’s game has been designated as “Orange Out” and fans are encouraged to wear orange to show their school spirit and support the Roadrunners.
DEFINE THE EXPECTATION GAME
In partnership with Brenda Tracy, sexual assault survivor, speaker and founder of the national campaign and non-profit #SetTheExpectation, Saturday’s game against Southern Miss is UTSA’s #SetTheExpectation game. UTSA will host a fundraiser for the Rape Crisis Center in San Antonio. Donations can be made between noon and 3 p.m. at the north and south ends of the Alamodome. There will be a QR code for online donations and representatives will also accept the following physical donations: flip flops, gloves, hats, hand sanitizer, masks, adult coloring books, crayons or crayons. Tracy will also join the UTSA soccer team for the Spirit Walk and be the guest of honor in the draw before Saturday’s game.
HEALTH AND SECURITY
The City of San Antonio and the Alamodome encourage anyone showing symptoms of COVID -19 to refrain from attending. Temperature checks for the fan inlet have been interrupted. For participants, safety measures are encouraged when tailgating. Face masks are recommended at all city facilities.
CLEAR BAG POLICY
the Alamodome Clear Bag Policy is in effect all season.
IMPROVED ALAMODOME ENTRANCE AND CONCESSIONS
The Alamodome is back to 100% capacity. Another large crowd is expected on Saturday and with fewer staff available on game day, we ask that you be patient with the potential long lines entering the Alamodome and at the concession stands.
• Please enter the stadium early if possible to avoid long queues. Doors open to the public at 1 p.m.
• Speed lanes will be available at security checkpoints for those without bags. Please take out your keys, phone and wallet before going to the scanners.
• Please take out your tickets or load them on your phone with the screen brightness at maximum before reaching the gates.
• Only bottled beverages (no fountain or draft) will be available for purchase to help increase speed of service. Additional drink stands will be open.
• Mobile food ordering is available from your seats with pickup available at express counters.
All students currently enrolled at UTSA are eligible for free entry to all home football games. UTSA students can purchase up to four guest tickets to sit in the student section. Guest tickets are $10 each.
For walk-in sales, the Alamodome Southwest box office will open at 10 a.m. Saturday and all other Alamodome box offices will open at noon. Customer service counters are located at the northeast and southeast counters.
Parking in Lots A, B and C of the Alamodome is limited to fans who have already purchased permits. A limited number of disabled parking spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Alamodome lots A, B and C will open at 8 a.m. for those with valid parking passes. Please do NOT enter the lots beforehand or staff will ask you to leave your seat and re-enter once the lots have opened.
Paid parking is available in Parking Lot D next to the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center at the corner of Montana Street and Tower of Americas Way. UTSA students, faculty, and staff may park in all unmarked spaces with a valid UTSA parking permit on Saturdays at the downtown campus under I-35.
Tailgating is back in Alamodome parking lots this season. Alamodome parking lots will open at 8 a.m. this Saturday. For more information and City of San Antonio tailgating guidelines, please visit goutsa.com.
The drop-off and pick-up location for rideshare users is located in Parking Lot D next to the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center at the corner of Montana Street and Tower of Americas Way.
VIA has announced that it will now serve UTSA home football games. VIA’s IH-10 Crossroads/UTSA Express Route 93 will provide express service from Main Campus, University Park & Ride and Crossroads Park & Ride to the Robert Thompson Transit Station in Alamodome. VIA will provide return service after each game. The route will be on its normal Saturday schedule. Bus fares remain the same as standard express fares ($2.60 each way) for service to UTSA home games, and day passes for $2.75 are available using of the VIA goMobile+ app.
In addition, VIA will offer additional bus service between the Crossroads Park & Ride lot and the Thompson Transit station at the Alamodome on Saturday. UTSA students, faculty and staff with UPASS can travel for free. Those without UPASS can purchase a regular fare through the VIA GoMObile+ app, on the bus or at the Crossroads ticket office.
UTSA STUDENT TRANSPORT
UTSA students can ride VIA Route 93 from the main campus bus loop to the Alamodome for free using their U-Pass. Students should visit the VIA U-Pass website for more information on how to access this service.
Students and their guests can park at UTSA’s main campus and take a UTSA shuttle to the game at the North Paseo Bus Oval, just outside the North Paseo building. Shuttles will begin serving the Alamodome at 11:30 a.m. The last shuttle for the game will depart campus at 2 p.m. Students will be dropped off and picked up at the Robert Thompson Transit Station at the Alamodome. Buses will begin return service to UTSA at the start of the fourth quarter and the last Alamodome shuttle will depart one hour after the game ends.
GAME DAY EXPERIENCE
Located at HEB Square and the VIA Bridge on the north side of the Alamodome, Rowdy Town opens at 11:30 a.m. and is completely free for all UTSA fans to participate in the pre-game festivities, which include:
• whataburger and UTSA have teamed up for a donation campaign to help San Antonio Food Bank. Donations can be made to Rowdy Town starting at noon or to representatives from Whataburger and the San Antonio Food Bank who will be visiting the tailgating areas of Lots B and C. Each dollar donated provides the equivalent of seven meals to people in the need. All donations will go to the San Antonio Food Bank.
• The first hour of Credit Human Pregame Radio Show with Andy Everett will air live on Ticket 760 AM from Rowdy Town beginning at 12:30 p.m. UTSA Sports Director Lisa Campos will be the guest of the show at 1 p.m.
• spiritual walk is back this season and will take place at 12:15 p.m. weather permitting. Join the UTSA Football Head Coach Jeff Traylor and the entire team as they head to the Alamodome two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff. The UTSA group and cheerleaders line the walkway between the Alamodome B and C parking lots as Rowdy leads the team down Roadrunner Alley and into the stadium.
• Fans can purchase the latest UTSA apparel and accessories from Rowdy campus store, which will be installed in Lot C near Roadrunner Alley. Merchandise counters are also located inside the Alamodome in the Plaza and Club Level Lobby.
• the UTSA Student Interior Tailgate is the new gathering place for students inside the Alamodome on game day. Free food and drinks will be available (while supplies last). Door prizes include concession vouchers and UTSA apparel. The UTSA Student Indoor Tailgate is open from 1:00 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. in the Hall of Fame Club located at the north end of the Club Level.
Saturday’s game will air on ESPN+ and is available on WatchESPN.com and the ESPN app. The contest will be broadcast live on Ticket 760 AM in the San Antonio area, on Sirius channel 121, XM channel 204 and SiriusXM app channel 967. The pre-game show will start at 12:30 p.m. and there will be a 45-minute post-game show. The radio show can also be listened to online at Ticket760.com and through the iHeartRadio and The university network apps.